Our school uniform is available from The Warehouse Rangiora. The Year 7 and 8 students have the option to purchase a school jacket at the end of the school year ready for the new year. Information on ordering these will come out via the school office in November.
Ashley Rakahuri School has a uniform policy and dress code to ensure that students present themselves in a consistent uniform across the school, and to encourage them to take pride in their appearance.
The Ashley Rakahuri School uniform includes the following:
- Navy sweatshirt with the school logo.
- Long or short-sleeved jade polo shirt with school logo.
- During the winter months a short or long-sleeved navy polyprop can be worn under the respective short or long sleeved polo shirt, but must not be visible.
- Navy shorts, leggings, bike pants, culottes, straight bootleg pants or track pants
- Sleeveless or long-sleeved navy polar fleece with school logo.
- Blue or white socks.
- Navy sun hats are worn outdoors during the summer months (terms 1 and 4).
- Year 8 children are permitted to wear a suitable cap during Term 4, i.e., no offensive wording. Caps must be worn with the peak to the front.
- Suitable footwear must be worn at all times. This means lace-up, buckle, or Velcro, closed-in shoes.
- Navy or black sandals can be worn in summer.
- If gumboots are worn during the winter months, indoor footwear must be provided, e.g., slippers.
The following dress code applies to ensure an acceptable appearance standard:
- No jewellery is to be worn except for a watch and/or plain ear studs (no more than two studs per ear).
- Any exceptions to this for cultural reasons must be requested in writing and approved by the principal.
- No nail polish, tattoos, or stick-on tattoos.
- Hair must be clean, tidy, and tied back from the student’s face. Hair colouring is discouraged.
- Breaches of the dress code will result in a:
- verbal warning issued to the child
- a phone call to parents asking why the uniform is non-compliant
- letter home from the school requesting uniform compliance
- letter from the board of trustees supporting the principal’s position on compliance.
Ashley Rakahuri School Second Hand Uniforms
The office has some second-hand school uniforms available. We have shorts, shirts, polar fleece tops and track pants available.
If you have uniforms in good condition that you no longer require please drop off to the school office.